NATA employs highly specialised staff across a wide range of disciplines.
Our staff are energetic, informed, have a 'can-do' attitude and are committed to excellence.
NATA has offices in Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Policy Research and Project Officer
We have a need to recruit a person to fulfill the responsibilities of a Policy Research and Project Officer within ILAC. This role is being advertised internally and also externally. The position has been deemed a full-time position however it is at this stage, only required for a fixed period up to the 31 March 2014.
Details of the position are:
- International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation Secretariat requires a motivated and hands on Policy Research and Project Officer
- Fixed term Full-time position to 31 March 2014
- Sydney based position at Rhodes.
National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia (NATA) is a not for profit member owned organisation that operates Australia’s laboratory accreditation system. NATA also provides full Secretariat services to the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC).
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to take on the role of Policy Research and Project Officer for a fixed term to 31 March 2014. This position reports Annette Dever, our ILAC Secretary.
The key attributes for this position are capability and experience in policy research, co-ordination of policy implementation and monitoring of policy development issues. The successful candidate will also be required to take an active role in reviewing and streamlining processes for coordinating and monitoring the status of joint activities with other international organisations, in addition to undertaking general administrative duties as required. Advanced Excel skills are an essential requirement for this role. As part of this job also involves co-ordination and liaison with stakeholders and external agencies from both a scientific and regulatory background, the ability to communicate effectively and comprehend and manage expectations in this regard is highly relevant.
Full training and support will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please note that the applicant must be either an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
The skills, training, experience, and personal qualities required include:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including, Word, and PowerPoint (essential);
- Advanced and current Excel skills (essential);
- Research capabilities (essential);
- Effective inter-personal skills (essential)
- Competent administration skills (essential);
- Qualification in economics and experience in policy research and report writing (highly desirable);
- Sound IT knowledge and administrative skills (highly desirable);
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);